Below is a sample of the minimum qualification criteria we look for in our teachers.
Virtuoso Music has precise quality criteria for its teachers and takes the selection process very seriously. Our teachers are the most important part of our business, after all!
Are you a qualified teacher?
- Demonstrable passion - Our teachers are individually selected through personal interviews designed to find those with a true love for music and teaching. Our teachers' job is to inspire as much as instruct!
- Formal education or training in music pedagogy - Many of our teachers have Masters degrees in music education or performance, and all have at least a Bachelor's degree in music and/or verifiable music training. In addition, we require that all of our teachers follow some sort of industry-standard methodology for teaching in order to ensure our students' lessons have structure and purpose.
- Ability to perform - All of our teachers are also active players of their instrument(s), and each has auditioned with Virtuoso Music staff as part of our interview process.
- Experience teaching private lessons - Nothing can replace actual teaching experience, a prerequisite for all teachers working with Virtuoso Music. We look for resilient teachers who can teach either children or adults, and understand the challenges and opportunities each introduces.
- Proven track record - We ask our instructors to provide references of past students that we can call to discuss their teaching success.
- Clean background - All Virtuoso Music instructors undergo background checks conducted by Infolink Screening Services, Inc. - a member of the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) and an industry leader in FRCA-compliant screening.
Apply today with Virtuoso Music for a fun, flexible and rewarding job!